TATA IPL Auction 2022 got over in February, 2022. Mega Auctions help develop the team for the next 3 years and considering that, all the teams have invested a lot in the team. Here are some of the absolute steal buys of each of the 10 teams!
Lucknow Super Giants
- Quinton De Kock – Batsman, Opener and Wicket-Keeper and if required a captain for a 6.75 Cr
- Evin Lewis – He could be used as a substitute for Quinton De Kock because he can keep wickets and is a destructive batsman. Just for the base price of 2.0 Cr
Royal Challengers Bengaluru
- Faf du Plessis – Opener, destructive batsman and possible captain candidate for RCB. Just for mere price of 7 Cr.
- David Warner – Has to be David Warner. He’s an absolute legend of the IPL. Just for a mere price of 6.25 Cr. Even the owners couldn’t keep calm after buying Warner.
- Lungi Ngidi – Just for a mere price of 50 L. Considering he has an quite some experience of playing IPL especially under Dhoni, Ngidi could be a great secondary option for Anrich Nortje.
- Daniel Sams – A good allrounder in the form of Daniel Sams was needed by MI. He can bowl and is handy with the bat. He is someone who is very exciting and they just bought him for a mere price of 2.60 Cr.
- Tymal Mills – Of course they will use Jofra Archer more from the next edition of the IPL and since he is not playing IPL this season, they needed someone who can bowl quick. Tymal Mills is a great option for that. His form in the 100 was also good and just got him for a mere price of 1.50 Cr.
Kolkata Knight Riders
- Alex Hales – Their first awesome pick has to be Alex Hales. He is a cricketer for all seasons. Destructive bastman. Surely KKR will have HalesStorm this season for a mere price of 1.50 Cr.
- Tim Southee – Tim Southee for a mere price of 1.50 Cr is a great pick by KKR. He is a very experienced player, even though the form is a bit unstable, he can be a player for 2–3 games. His experience in the camp might help in developing the younger stars.
- Pat Cummins – Last time KKR had spent more than 14 Cr for Cummins. This time they got him for 7.75 Cr which is great considering Pat is the new captain for Australia and is a lethal bowler.
- Jimmy Neesham – Over the years James Neesham has improved the game. He is a key player for New Zealand and has helped NZ win games and reach the finals of the world cup last year. Getting him for 1.50 Cr is great for RR. It will give RR the much needed depth in batting and bolwing.
- Navdeep Saini – Navdeep Saini for 2.60 Cr is an awesome pick for RR. He will surely play the full season for RR. He is fast and is lethal when he is using his full skills.
- Yuzvendra Chahal – Getting Chahal for 6.50 Cr is great for RR. With Ashwin, they would certainly be a lethal combination for RR in the coming years.
- Nathan Ellis – Australian all rounder Nathan Ellis for 75 L is a great pick from Punjab, surely he is inexperienced but with time, he will play an important part for Punjab.
- Kagiso Rabada – Radaba will give Punjab the much needed death over specialist. Rabada is someone who might look an expensive buy for 9.25Cr but considering that Indian bowlers have gone for 10+cr without a lot of experience in the international games, Rabada is a great pricks for the coming IPL seasons.
- Marco Jansen – Marco Jansen is a young bowling all arounder and all eyes will be on him after such a good performace against India in 2022. He was bought for a good enough price for 4.20 Cr.
- Jason Roy – Has to be Jason Roy. Even Ashish Nehra who was representing GT in the auction was so happy to get Jason Roy for a mere price of 2 Cr.
Chennai Super Kings
- Dwaine Pretorious – Dwaine Pretorious is highly underrated. He was such a good prick for CSK for mere price of 50 L.
- Adam Milne – Milne for the sheer pace and wicket taking ability at a premium price of 1.90 Cr is a good pick for CSK.
- Shivam Dube – He might just be the dark horse for this season of IPL for CSK. If he can bat well in the lower order and give 2–3 good overs for Dhoni, he will become a favourite of Dhoni. He was brought for a good price of 4.0 Cr but is surely a good invesmtent by CSK.
TATA IPL 2022 starts from April 2022, is for the the 2nd time IPL will have 10 teams and there is so much excitement and buzz around it. Let’s hope IPL becomes gets only better with time!